Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just doing a little catching up

Pictures in this blog have nothing to do with the actual blog~just wanted to post some recent pictures. :)

Hey, hey, hey! I cannot believe that I haven’t written in so long. I have been running around crazy the past week or so. Last week I helped my friend, Adrianne, out some with her 2 boys. They had a rough week to deal with. Adrianne’s cousin, Shane Northcutt, was murdered last week. His father is the Mayor of a small town here in Arkansas, Malvern. Shane’s parents have been divorced for over 10 years and this was the Mayor’s only son. Shane’s mother, had 2 kids from a previous relationship, a son and a daughter. The thing that makes this situation even worse is that her daughter died about 7 years ago as a result of a car accident. So Libby, Shane’s mom, has now lost 2 out of her 3 children. I cannot even begin to imagine how incredibly hard this has to be.   They have already made an arrest in this case, so that does help to know that the killer is not out running the streets.  Please keep this family in your prayers as they deal with this tragedy. I kept Adrianne’s boys when they got out of school while the family was getting together and during the visitation.

IMG_3200

This week, Olivia and I will be going to my Aunt and Uncle’s house and babysitting their 2 girls Wednesday-Friday. Abby and Mary Claire are AWESOME girls and Olivia loves spending time with them. I am excited to be getting to spend some time with them. They are in the 4th and 5th grade and that is such a fun age. The beginning of the pre-teen years. It will be alot of fun. We went over there yesterday to get all the information and the house keys and Olivia just cried and cried when we left. She didn’t understand that we would be coming back on Wednesday. She loves kids and sometimes I feel guilty that she is at home so much and not around alot of other children. Part of me thinks she would do amazing at preschool or mother’s day out. Then there is part of me that is scared that she would just cry all day.

IMG_3276

Thursday morning a small group of women from my church are going to start getting together with an amazing, Godly woman, Debbie,  to begin a Bible study. There is only about 5 or 6 of us and I think this is something that we have all been wanting to do. I am so glad that Debbie has obeyed what the Lord is asking of her and taking a step in faith to do this. I think that God has alot that He wants to teach us and Debbie has alot to pour into us. I am a little bit biased though, Debbie is my mentor. I have learned so much from her already. She is very gently in her approach. I am excited to see what she is going to teach us as a group.

IMG_3624

Guess that is all I have to say for now. I am not very interesting lately. I just don’t have an exciting life! ha! I will try to update this week with pictures while we are with my cousins. Olivia is going to have a blast! She is so excited to go over there and play Barbies! Our Poppa made Abby and Mary Claire a big doll house when they were younger. They still have it up in their playroom and Olivia plays with it every time we are there. Aunt Lindsey told me today that the girls are giving it to Olivia!! I don’t know where we will put it, but we are sooo excited about getting it!! Olivia is excited to be able to play with it 24/7, but I am excited about getting it because my Poppa made it and that makes it sooo much more special. We want to keep it in the family so my kids will play with it, then when Abby and Mary Claire have their own children, we can pass it back to them. It is a very special thing. My grandfather is soo very talented! When I was Olivia’s age, he made me a rocking horse. We stored it in a storage building at my other grandmothers house once and she gave it to her daughter…my dad’s half sister. I was so sad that I didn’t have it anymore to pass it on to my children. So the fact that I am getting something else that he made is just really special. He has also made Olivia a stool with her name on it that is very special.

IMG_3306

No comments: